It was four or maybe five years ago, when I first went to the House of Sampoerna and saw this book for the first time. It was the kind of book that I had never seen before. A tale of a famous family through generations tells in fully water colour illustrated book. It was like the the treasure book you saw in movie for real, no wonder it was titled The Sampoerna Legacy.
In addition, the book was written in English which added one more reason why I should buy this book, for practicing my English. But when it came to the price I couldn't help but sighed, it was expensive. I knew it was worth it, but just no need at that time.
And finally, after waiting for years, I bought this breath-taking book. I love books, and this was the first time I bought such a rare books. You can't find this everywhere, except in the House of Sampoerna Museum in my beloved city, Surabaya. 
I scanned some pages to show you how interested this book is. If you buy this book, you're helping the Sampoerna Foundation to give more scholarship for those who need.








Thanks to Michelle Sampoerna who had intention to make this book
Interested? Visit the House of Sampoerna Museum in Surabaya, here is the website. This place is pretty cool and they often hold cool events. The latest coming event is the Sampoerna Theater on the 8th of September. They play old film of Marilyn Monroe, titled Niagara. I'm not going since I will have the-orientation-thingy at that day. In addition, The House of Sampoerna also held a program, named Surabaya Heritage Tracks. You can take a trip around Surabaya for an hour free, accompanied by a tour guide. You will know Surabaya better, I joint the trip once and was surprised by the fact that was told. I've been living here for a lifetime and it felt like I know nothing, Haha. Basically, this place makes Surabaya a nicer city than before. Thank you so much, Sampoerna Family.


3 Comments

  1. Wait....Emtek finally had made assessment about Sampoerna Strategic and HM Sampoerna. Emtek finally made strategic partnership with Sampoerna.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.