As an architecture student I've met a lot of people who can draw much better than me. They got the real talent of drawing. They draw fast, undistorted, even with limited color palettes they can make it astonishing.

Then I realized that drawing is not about proportion, balance, vanishing point, color combination, or similar things that I learn in university, drawing is also a skill not merely a talent. And just like any other skill, it needs practice. And I chose to believe that the first thing I had to do is just being brave to see my surrounding and documenting them as a form of drawing. It'll take years to improve, and we'll see...


Human is an adaptive creatures, and it's amazing how people do something to their house despite the limitation. 


He sold this one just a month ago. I'm so sad. My favourite shoes among his collection. So I was lucky to have this sketches.

I was bored. So yeah... even it's distorted everywhere.



One of some unique houses in Kampung Arab. Walked here writing a report for a student magazine. Thank you for Mba Inas who accompanied me. I was forced to finish this drawing faster because it started raining.

My campus library at night. 



A scene from my favourite music video by NONONO. I fell in love with the guy's sweater and the rabbit he carried. Not sure until now what was the video about. But I can can tell that this guy was having a tough time and he danced his problems away, inside a coffee shop, or above a rocky mountain  facing the sea after sunrise. Beautiful. Somehow I wish I was him.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.